Arrival of the Fittest: The All-New 2016 Camaro SS
2016 Camaro SS Establishes New Performance Benchmark in 0-100 mph-0 Test
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS is establishing a new performance benchmark in the sport car segment for Middle East customers. Designed to be lighter, more powerful, refined, with more advanced technology, the Camaro SS set to prove its performance capabilities with an extreme 0-100 mph-0 test.
As the most powerful Camaro SS ever built, the vehicle went from a standing start, accelerated to 100 mph and then back to a complete stop in 313 meters – 100 meters less than the closest competition.
The 0-100 mph-0 test incorporates both acceleration and braking to showcase performance and handling. This test is a guide to display the Camaro SS’ sporting prowess, in addition to its 0-60 mph time of 4.0 seconds (automatic).
The Camaro SS provides a faster, more nimble driving experience, enabled by an all-new lighter architecture. The 6.2L V-8 is SAE-certified at 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm).
To make it not only the best Camaro SS ever, but one of the best performance cars available, Chevrolet focused on three pillars of development:
- Vehicle mass has been reduced by approximately 90 kg, creating a more nimble, responsive driving experience.
- The most powerful Camaro SS ever built, with a new 6.2L direct-injected Small Block V-8 rated at 455 hp (339 kW) and 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm).
- For the first time ever, Magnetic Ride Control active suspension is available on the Camaro SS. Previously this feature was only available on the Camaro ZL1.
- With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation’s track-focused Camaro 1LE package.
- All-new Drive Mode Selector, which tailors up to eight vehicle attributes for four modes: Snow/Ice, Tour, Sport and – on SS models – Track settings.
- Segment-exclusive, Interior Spectrum Lighting that offers 24 different ambient lighting effects on the dash, door panels, and center console.
- High-definition, configurable color displays – including available dual, 8-inch-diagonal screens.
- Driver-centric technology including Head-Up Display, wireless smartphone charger and Apple CarPlay.
- Aerodynamically optimized design that is the result of 350 hours of wind tunnel testing, reducing drag on LT models and improving downforce on SS.
- More athletic-looking, sculptured exterior that complements the tighter, leaner architecture – and offers all-new, modern lighting signatures, including light-emitting diode (LED) technology.
- Greater emphasis on customer personalization with wider range of choices, including 7 exterior colors, five interior color combinations, lighting options available at launch – including wheels, stripe packages.
- All-new, interior with shifter-focused center console, intuitive controls, flat-bottom steering wheel, and higher quality materials throughout.
- Unique control rings around the air vents used for temperature and fan speed adjustments, eliminating the need for conventional buttons.
All 2016 Camaro owners will receive a new level of customer experience courtesy of Chevrolet Complete Care. The comprehensive aftersales package promises additional value with competitive and transparent maintenance pricing; one-hour servicing; two days advanced booking; a regional three-year/100,000-km warranty; and four years of regional 24×7 roadside assistance.