The All New Audi TT – Available Now At Al Nobaooda Showrooms
The all new Audi TT launched here in Dubai for the Middle East market, in a spectacular event that took place at Zero Gravity: A base station of Skydive Dubai. It was star studded evening and the invitation was sent put all across the board. All Audi ME brand ambassadors, VIP’s and some of the biggest names of the regional media and music scene like senior sports presenter Mohammed Sadoon Al-Kuwari, Radio DJ Kris Fade and Dubai based rockband Juliana Down just to name a few.
The famous TT logo was painted in the sky by a squad of skydivers from Skydive Dubai and Audi DTM pilot Edoardo Mortara revealed the car with an impressive sprint on the landingstrip. “This was my first event for Audi in the region so it was very special for me. Especially as I’ll be spending more time in Dubai, I hope that I can help Audi with more events there in the future”, said Edoardo Mortara.
The DTM season starts in May. How did you prepare for your fifth season and what are your goals?
Edoardo Mortara: “As always, my physical fitness was the focus. I kept up my fitness workload and the Audi winter camp was on the agenda in February. I feel well prepared. While I was on holiday in Thailand over the winter, I was able to switch off completely and recharge the batteries. I’ll be perfectly honest about my ambitions: In 2015, I intend to fulfil the goals from 2014 that I should have achieved in 2013, because in 2012 I made a promise about what I’d already thought about in 2011
What do you think about the new TT coupe?
Edoardo Mortara: “I really like the Audi TT. It looks great and with its innovative technology, unique character and emotive design, the new Audi TT coupe fits perfect to my expectations of a modern compact sports car. You dare or you don’t.”
How do you rate the United Arab Emirates and the region as a motorsports destination?
Edoardo Mortara: “Unsurprisingly compared to Europe, for example, it is still ‘learning’. But it’s a very fast growing market which can be recognized by the amount of new and ultra-modern race tracks. Formula One [Abu Dhabi] and World Endurance Championship [Bahrain] races are already staged in the Middle East and so I can only see the number of motorsport events escalating.”
Concept, exterior design and chassis
– 2+2-seat Coupé, 305-liter luggage compartment
– Length 4.18 meters, wheelbase 2.51 meters, short overhangs
– Athletically dynamic design with hints of the first-generation TT
– Standard Xenon plus or optional full LED or Matrix LED headlights with dynamic indicators
– Composite construction body of steel and aluminum
– Curb weight starting at 1,260 kilograms, as much as 20 kilograms less than the previous model.
– Four-cylinder engines producing between 230 hp for the TT and 286 hp for the TTS
– TTS with 380 Nm of torque in TTS, 0 to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds
– 6-speed S tronic transmissions
– quattro permanent all-wheel drive available for the 45 TFSI (standard in TTS); newly developed multi-plate clutch with dynamic management
– Elaborate suspensions with aluminum components at the front axle
– Progressive steering with electromechanical servo boost standard
– Audi drive select dynamic driving system as standard and Audi magnetic ride adaptive damping system, (standard in the TTS)
– ESC stabilization control, torque vectoring or electronic limited slip differential can be deactivated
– 18-inch lightweight wheels, optionally up to 20 inches
– New, lightweight aluminum fixed-caliper brakes on the front axle of the TTS
Interior design, operating concept and equipment
– Flowing, lightweight lines in the interior, slender instrument panel, uncompromising focus on the driver, newly developed lightweight sport seats and S sport seats (standard in TTS)
– Fully digital Audi virtual cockpit and newly designed MMI terminal, plus improved voice control, air conditioning controls in the air vents (standard in both TT and TTS models)
– High-performance driver assistance systems available as options
– Numerous infotainment modules, including MMI navigation plus and Bang & Olufsen sound system
– Improved electronics architecture with second-generation modular infotainment platform
– Completely revised range of colors and materials
Al Nabooda Automobiles
The official distributor for Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, Al Nabooda Automobiles has revealed the eagerly awaited all-new Audi TT at its Sheikh Zayed Road showroom in Dubai. This iconic sports car, now in its third generation, has returned to the motoring market with a pedigree that fits Audi’s sporting heritage more than ever before.
Mr. K. Rajaram, CEO, Al Nabooda Automobiles LLC, the sole distributor for Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates said: “The Audi TT is synonymous with a genuine design icon and top performance machine and this new generation enables Audi to bring the technology even more to life for drivers – just as they would expect from a sports car. “The TT is a dynamic performer, offering pure driving pleasure and is an ideal companion for the roads of Dubai and the Northern Emirates. I am confident our customers are going to welcome the new TT and appreciate the true power it can deliver.”
With prices starting from AED195,000, the new TT comes complete with three years or 45,000km service package and three year warranty with 24-hour roadside assistance.