The All-New BMW X4
The Second Coming of Smarter, Lighter & Powerful BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe
In the summers of 2008, the world saw an unusual vehicle from the house of BMW. It was mind-boggling. From the first look you may recognize it as an SUV, however, your mind rejects some of the rationals that conform to SUV standards. A huge, high ground clearance car that has a coupe-like profile. thankfully BMW clarifies everything by calling it as a SAC – Sports Activity Coupe. Dig! X6 (E71) was based on 5 Series platform, was an instant success out of the box, especially here in the UAE. I remember seeing one X6 among every 12 cars on the road. Naturally, BMW saw the opportunity to expand the same recipe throughout the range of its segment cars, hence in spring of 2014, we saw the arrival of a smallish X4 based on the 3 Series car.
Today BMW announced the launch of the second generation of X4. The second generation of the BMW X4 places a far greater emphasis on sportiness and expressive design. The all-new X4 will world premiere at the International Motor Show in Geneva in March 2018. This also substantiates the success of X4 strong liking by its customers. It’s worth noting that first-ever Sports Activity Coupe in the mid-size class, has racked up approx. 200,000 sales globally. It also worth noting that BMW was actually the pioneer of this niche SAC segment, and Mercedes just followed the suite.
A wide expanded variant line is planned according to the market. xLine, M Sport X, and M Sport variants enable effective personalization. The BMW X4 is available for the first time with exclusive options from the BMW Individual portfolio, allowing a vehicle configuration closely tailored to the customer’s personal style. the model range will be further enhanced with broad variety of engines: Three petrol and three diesel units and power outputs between 135 kW/184 hp and 265 kW/360 hp (fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 5.4 l/100 km [31.4 – 52.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 209 – 142 g/km)*. Drive power is relayed via an eight-speed Steptronic transmission and BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive (both standard on all models).
Also sporting two BMW M Performance models: BMW X4 M40i and BMW X4 M40d boasting phenomenally powerful engines, plus model-specific design and equipment features. The new X4 is emphasized with superior driving dynamics courtesy of extensively upgraded and lighter chassis technology tuned specifically for the X4. First-class chassis systems fitted as standard or available as options: Variable Sport Steering, Performance Control, Adaptive M suspension, M Sport differential and M Sport brakes. This smaller SAC will be nimbler as well, thanks to weight reduction by up to 50 kilograms compared to the predecessor model. An engineering caveat was achieved due to the advanced BMW EfficientLightweight measures. Most efficient aerodynamics in its segment: drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.30. here are some notable features adopted by the second generation X4.
- The exterior design of the all-new BMW X4 is a depicts powerful agility and self-assured presence. X4 has also gained new size dimensions: length (+81 mm), width (+37 mm) and wheelbase length (+54 mm) compared with the outgoing model. With extravagantly styled and dynamically stretched lines, the new Sports Activity Coupe adds an eye-catching athlete to the BMW X model family.
- Modern, premium feel in the interior. Trademark blend of robustness and high-class elegance. The cockpit is designed clearly around the driver, in typical BMW fashion. Redesigned sports seats and knee pads.
- The latest version of the iDrive operating system and intelligent voice control fitted as standard, Control Display with touchscreen functionality and BMW gesture control available as options.
- State-of-the-art driving assistance systems enhance comfort and safety; optional Driving Assistant Plus including Steering and lane control assistant plus Lane Keeping Assistant with side collision protection.
- Comprehensive portfolio of services from BMW ConnectedDrive. BMW Connected personal mobility assistant provides seamless connectivity between the customer’s car and their digital lifestyle.